Ads on YouTube can be extremely boring and it really ruins the way you enjoy the clips on the website. What’s worse is that sometimes you don’t even have the option to skip them! Here is an easy guide for you to watch YouTube videos without ever having to encounter an advert again.
Block YouTube ads on your browser
You can install add-ons that can help you block ads easily when watching YouTube clips and they are absolutely free.
- For Google Chrome you can search for the ad-block extension in the ‘More Tools’ option in your browser menu. Search the results for a good ad-blocker. Try different ones if it doesn’t work. Experts recommend AdBlock Plus for Google Chrome and can be downloaded here.
- For Firefox you can follow the similar route. Users recommend AdBlock Plus as a good option and can be downloaded here
- Internet Explorer generally blocks ads automatically so you don’t have to worry too much about that. If it doesn’t, download AdBlock Plus for IE here
- Safari’s AdBlock Plus can be downloaded here. Activate it manually if it doesn’t do so automatically.
- You can search the Opera store for an ad-blocker just as Google Chrome or Firefox. You will have to activate your choice manually by clicking on it and selecting ‘Add to Opera’. A popular add-on is AdBlock for Opera.
Use developer console to disable YouTube ads
This is a great option to use if you are an advanced YouTube user, but it might be a bit tricky for those who are not as confident in changing the settings on your YouTube. The first thing you need to do is find a YouTube video. Then you are going to open the developer console in your browser by using the following keystroke combinations:
For Firefox Browsers: “Ctrl-Shift-K” in Windows or “Command-Option-K” on Mac.
For Chrome Browsers: “Ctrl-Shift-J” in Windows or “Command-Option-J” on Mac.
For Internet Explorer Browsers: Press F12 and click on “Console.”
Then you need to put the following code into the developer console: “document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=oKckVSqvaGw; path=/; domain=.youtube.com”;window.location.reload();”
Press ‘enter’ and wait for the command to run through to finish the YouTube without ads operation. Close the developer console windows once it has finished. After this process has been completed, you will be able to watch videos on YouTube without any ads playing before the videos.
Block YouTube ads on your Android or iOS device
Ads seem to never stop and it has even found its way onto our phones. Turning off ads on your YouTube app on iOS or Android devices are very simple and can be done from your phone by following these directions:
- Firstly you will have to clear your YouTube App’s defaults by going to ‘Settings’ on your menu, ‘Applications’, selecting ‘YouTube’ from the list of apps, and selecting ‘Clear Defaults’.
- Then you go to your iTunes Store or PlayStore and download AdBlock Browser. Visit YouTube via the AdBlock browser and find the video you want to watch. It will be free of ads.
You can choose to AdBlock your entire Android device as well by following a few simple configuration steps.
- Go to the options menu on your AdBlock browser and select the amount of ads you want to show.
- You can opt for the ‘Start on Boot’ option which will clear all ads on all apps and browsers on your phone.
Downloading YouTube videos to remove ads
An easier way for you to avoid YouTube ads is to download a YouTube video downloader. The videos that you download from YouTube won’t have any ads as it hits your desktop and you will be able to watch it in the best quality possible.
A highly recommended app that does this is Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It is an easy way to download the video that you want to watch from YouTube and it produces crisp, clear HD videos. You can select from a wide range of outputs to download and it is extremely fast in speed. It is your ultimate video converting toolbox with tools to use such as converting, burning, editing, and so much more!