Savefrom.net is a known website promoting Savefrom.net, a helper application that is compatible with mostly-used browsers. The Savefrom.net helper application is specifically designed for downloading videos directly from Vimeo, YouTube and other similar sites.
Indeed, the application is useful to several users who love to watch videos at any time. However, the program developers chose to use OpenCandy, which is an advertising network with an alleged reputation because of its module on third party applications. You may probably suspect that the collaboration between OpenCandy and the developers is because of monetary reasons.
What is OpenCandy?
OpenCandy is advertising software and also a module that contains a library of the Microsoft Windows which can be incorporated with a Windows installer. Upon the installation of any application, including OpenCandy library, third party applications as additional offers which users may not want. Third party applications installed in PCs by default may include the ‘opt-out’ option.
Why Should I Remove Savefrom.net Helper Ads?
Many users decided to download Savefrom.net because of its appealing description. Some of them have continued using it while some uninstalled the app. What’s more alarming about this application is that, there were users who attested issues regarding it.
In 2014, a user shared a concern about the app’s mandatory update wherein the update seeks permission of tracking internet browsing activity, including sites you visit even without the use of a video downloader. It was said that if users refuse to accept the update, the helper will be disabled within their browsers. There was also an urge of using the browser helper and the use of their website to download without any app restriction.
It’s very doubtful why the company adopted such kind of policies but the apparent reason for this move was very simple to guess – they have been monetizing the information they collected from users like:
- Website preferences,
- Surfing habits, and
- Browsing history.
There’s no doubt why third party companies from different sectors work hand in hand for profitable reasons. Advertisers and developers often collaborate in the field of unwanted bundling and software. The data that are often obtained from software users are sold to digital advertising agencies for targeted advertisements.
Why is this Ads Dangerous?
It’s advisable for you to remove Savefrom.net helper ads because they may have been accompanied by Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) that runs a full scan on your system to clean it. It’s has been accounted that upon the installation of the application, it automatically recommends Opera browser as an option and with the collaboration of the developers with OpenCandy, there may be third party products that could enter your system and infect it with malware so you should be aware of unreliable bundles, discounts, corrupted links and illegitimate coupons.
How to Remove SaveFrom.net Helper
You can remove or uninstall Savefrom.net helper on your Windows, MacOs and different browsers with the steps that you can read below.
A. How to Remove or Uninstall SaveFrom.net Helper in Windows
Remember not to drag the programs or its folders to your recycle bin because bits of the program may be left behind which can result to the unstable function of your PC.
- Hold the Windows Logo Button and “R” on your keyboard. A Pop-up window will appear.
- In the field, type in “appwiz.cpl” and press ENTER.
- Pick the program that you want to remove, and click “Uninstall”.
B. How to Remove or Uninstall SaveFrom.net Helper in MacOs
If you are using MacOs,
- Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications
- Wait for the Applications folder and find SaveFrom.net helper and other suspicious programs. Right click on every of entry and select Move to Trash.
C. Steps to Remove Savefrom.net from Different Browsers
- Start>Mozilla Firefox>Open the menu window
- Select the “Add-ons” icon from the menu
- Select SaveFrom.net Helper. After that, just click “Remove”
- After SaveFrom.net Helper has been removed, it is now the time to restart Mozilla Firefox through closing it and then start it again.
- Start>Google Chrome>Open the drop menu
- Move your cursor over “Tools” and then choose “Extensions“ from the extended menu
- From the “Extensions” menu locate SaveFrom.net Helper and click on the garbage bin icon on the right.
- After you removed SaveFrom.net Helper, restart Google Chrome by closing it then start it again.
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click “‘Tools’ to open the drop menu and select ‘Manage Add-ons’
- In the ‘Manage Add-ons’ window, make sure that in the first window ‘Add-on Types’, the drop menu ‘Show’ is on ‘All add-ons’
- Select SaveFrom.net Helper to remove, and then click ‘Disable’. Leave all the boxes checked, and click ‘Disable’.
- After SaveFrom.net Helper has been removed, restart Internet Explorer by closing it then start it again.
- Start Safari
- Open the drop menu by clicking on the sprocket icon in the top right corner
- From the drop menu select ‘Preferences’
- In the new window select ‘Extensions’
- Click once on SaveFrom.net Helper
- Click ‘Uninstall’
- A pop-up window will appear for confirmation to uninstall SaveFrom.net Helper. Select ‘Uninstall’ again.
For savefrom.net alternative, try wondershare video converter ulitmate, fast and easy download any video with just one click.