Using Google Takeout
Google has a very specialized tool called Google Takeout that allows you to save your YouTube videos to google drive. Isn’t that great? Yes now you can easily back up your uploaded videos to Google Drive following these simple steps.
- Step 1: You start by vising the Google Takeout Page.
- Step 2: On this page select “Include all YouTube data” and click next.
- Step 3: Next you need to select the type of file you need your data to be saved in. Options are Zip, TGZ and TBZ. Select .Zip as this is the most convenient format to work with.
- Step 4: Now you need to select how and where you would like to save all your YouTube data. Options are Drop Box, Email, Drive and One Drive.
- Step 5: Select Dropbox or Drive and Click “Create Archive”
- Step 6: All the data will be zipped and saved to your selected location.
Isn’t that easy? If your data is greater than 2 GB, the data will be split into multiple halves. The maximum size of these archives will not exceed 2GB. The archiving and saving process varies based on the amount of YouTube data you have. Once the process is completed, check your google drive account. All the data can found in the folder labelled “Take Out”.
Using Google Drive Extension
Google Drive Extension is, like the name implies, an extension of Google Drive. In order to use it, you must first install the add-on to your browser. Here are the steps to follow
You can just Google “Google Drive” and click on the first link available. There, you’ll see an option to install it.
Go to the Youtube video page which you want to download. Here, there are two options. You can download the entire page or just the selected video. If you decide to download the entire page, you can do so in a (.png) file, (.html), (.mht), format, or Google document. If you want to save it to Google Drive, however, just click on that option. You’ll have to allow the extension to use your Google account, which is rather straight forward. Once you authorize it, the video will begin to save to Google Drive. After this you can rename it and voila, you know how to save videos to Google Drive.
Download Youtube Video then Upload it to Google Drive
One of the most common ways to download Youtube videos is to open SaveFrom.net.
- Go to savefrom.net
- After the site is open, enter the URL from the page with the video you want to download into the available field on savefrom.net
- Click the “Download Button” and choose the format you wish to download. If it doesn’t work, you can try other sites like clipconverter.cc.
Here, you’ve seen how to download files that are lost from your computer to Google Drive by using either an extension, Google Takeout, or a website. We all know how heartbreaking it can be to lose important files! Hope it helps.
Free download the best all in one video downloader- Wondershare video converter ultimate