Users on the Microsoft Windows platform have numerous options when it comes to downloading YouTube videos, whereas Mac users have to contend with far less options. Listed below are 3 main ways that Mac users can use to download their favorite YouTube videos on Mac. Read on to discover how to easily download YouTube videos on Mac in a convenient way.
Part1: Use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac to Download YouTube Video on Mac.
The best way to download YouTube videos on Mac is through Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac . It supports HTML5, HD and HQ videos with ease. Additionally, the most recent update supports 4K video, which is the highest video quality that guarantees exceptional video and sound quality. With wireless transfer, sending the video to your phone is as easy as scanning a QR code. You can also download entire YouTube playlists with just a simple click and at very fast speeds.
There are three ways you can download YouTube videos on Mac using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate:
- Simply drag the URL of the video you want to download and drop it into the program.
- Click the “Download” button that is floating on your YouTube browser page.
- Select the video URL, copy it, and then paste it in the software window to start downloading.
It is highly recommended to go for the paid version of this YouTube Downloader for Mac if you want to access all the extra features and have a great downloading experience. It also allows for conversion of video files to several formats, including the ability of extracting audio files from the videos. The paid version also means that you get first-hand customer support if you encounter any problems along the way.
Part 2: Use Online YouTube Downloader Website
The next option that you can use if you want a fast download is to use an online YouTube downloader website like KeepVid . KeepVid is a simple to use online service that allows users to download videos from around 28 sites, including YouTube. The only thing you need to start downloading is the video URL to start downloading. It does not even require users to create accounts so as to access this beneficial feature.
Here is how to download YouTube videos on Mac with KeepVid:
- Open YouTube and select your desired video
- Copy the video URL from the address bar in your browser
- Go to KeepVid and paste the URL in the provided box
- Click Download, and you will see a list of all the available qualities and formats that you can use.
- To start downloading, simply click on the desired format.
Part3: Use Web Browser to Download YouTube Video on Mac.
For the Firefox browser, you will need to install an add-on to be able to download YouTube videos on Mac. “Download YouTube Videos as MP4” is an excellent add-on that simply adds a download button to YouTube pages so that you can now download videos. Most importantly, it does not include any kind of ads and seamlessly integrates to your YouTube page.
To use it, you must first install the extension. Next, select you desired YouTube video and click download and choose any of the available video formats.
If you are using Opera browser on Mac, then you will to install the YouTube Downloader extension to download YouTube videos. It supports all video formats starting from 144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p and 4K in either 3GP, FLV, WebM or MP4. In addition, it also supports audio only downloads in M4A format for those who want to convert YouTube videos into smaller audio files.
Once installed, you will see a download button below YouTube videos. Click it and choose the desired quality to start downloading.
Safari browser also has a hidden way to easily download YouTube videos for those who are not willing to install browser extensions, plugins or extra programs on your Mac. Here are the steps.
- Ensure you are running the latest Safari version
- Select “Activity” in the “Window” tab
- Go to YouTube and play the video you want
- Return to “Activity” and choose the biggest file in the list
- Double click on it to automatically start downloading
This is a very convenient feature included in the Safari browser that is very easy and free to use.
Since Chrome does not support any YouTube downloader plugin from its Web Store, you will need to use a third party extension like Download YouTube Chrome . Here are the steps:
- Download the ZIP file containing the extension.
- Unpack the ZIP file on your hard drive.
- Open “chrome://extensions” in Chrome browser.
- Activate Developer mode by clicking the check box.
- Click “Load unpacked extension”
- Locate the earlier unpacked contents and then click open to install.
- Now you are ready to enjoy downloading YouTube videos.
Choose the most suitable method of downloading YouTube videos on Mac listed above and take advantage of watching your favorite videos offline.